1. Real estate agents have access to market data that can help you make more informed decisions. They can compare purchase and listing prices and help you find a great deal.
2. When you have a Realtor as an advocate, you share some of the risk of home buying with your agent. Otherwise, it’s buyer beware.
3. Because realtors work at their own risk, it’s in your agent’s best interest to work quickly, diligently, and use all his or her resources to help you meet your goals, or there is no payday.
4. Real estate agents have tools and contacts that can help you get information quickly and efficiently— sometimes before it appears on the MLS! Remember: you aren’t just working with an agent . . . they’ll be bringing all their contacts and tools to the table too.
5. Do you want to find a home quickly? With a Realtor by your side, you will. According to The National Association of Realtors , over four-fifths of existing homes in the United States are represented by real estate brokers. So are 70 percent of new home builders and their products, according to NewHomeNetwork.com.
6. Realtors work with contracts daily, and can fully understand which points are harmful and/or beneficial to you. From helping you make a reasonable offer, to providing for the discovery and disclosure of material facts, your agent can also correctly interpret information for you.
7. Agents take the spam out of your property visits. Your agent will make sure you only have to deal with the things that are immediately relevant to you.
8. Realtors know their way around the closing table. They’ll be there with you to ensure that you fully understand every document before you sign.
9. Agents either possess intimate knowledge or they know where to find the industry buzz about your neighborhood. They can identify comparable sales and hand these facts to you, in addition to pointing you in the direction where you can find more data on schools, crime or demographics.
10. Many questions can pop up that were overlooked in the excitement of closing. Good agents stand by ready to assist. Worthy and honest agents don’t leave you in the dust to fend for yourself.